Thursday, July 10, 2008

The XIMB Chronicles - II

In no time, my third week here is drawing to a close. A lot has happened since the last time I posted. Firstly, there was the unofficial 'interaction' with the second year students. It was a nice mixture of mental torture and fun. It certainly wasn't pleasant when we were actually going through it, but now that I look back upon it, I have to admit that it was useful in some way.

Then came my birthday. I have never had such a yucky birthday before! I am sure my batchmates will disagree, but being dunked in all sorts of liquids like tomato sauce, milk, fizzy drinks and finally, water DOES NOT qualify as a pleasant experience! To top it all, it took me 6 washes of my hair with strong shampoo before I could move about in polite company and not smell like a rotten tomato! But wait, it was not over yet! In the very first class that day, the prof. decided to give us a surprise quiz! After 10 minutes of staring at the paper and then, 10 more minutes of fiction writing, the prof. finally realised that the quiz was based on a case that was never given in class! Phew! So much for hoping for a great b'day!

Now, the assignments have started in full swing and getting some decent amount of sleep looks like a distant dream. Sleeping in class has become a common occurrence (well, for me, at least!). It's somewhat weird, though, to watch the sun rise before retiring for the night - well, morning! Going by what the PGP II students say, it's gonna get even worse. Until then, I shall dream of being given a chance to dream!

No comments:

My Blog Directory