Monday, July 13, 2009

The Long Shower

Sometimes I wonder why I like to take a long shower so much. It's certainly not because I want to be squeaky clean. Just clean enough to move around in civilised circles is enough for me. It's also not because I feel good under the shower. Although the latter may be partly true, I start feeling uncomfortable after a few minutes.

Why then do I still spend so much time under that high pressure jet of water? Perhaps it's because it gives me the chance to be truly alone, to think quietly without any fear of disturbance, to ponder over what may have been. Or maybe it's because I still cant get her image out of my head - first wet JLT, her hair falling over her face in a cute manner, her enthusiasm to dance not waning with the increasing intensity of the water cascading over the dance floor, the cute way in which she scrunches up her face when asked if she wants a drink, the tinkling sound she makes when she laughs. Maybe it's because I know that it's not possible, not just because of my lack of self-confidence, but also because of the knowledge that we want different things and that too in different places. Perhaps its for the best that I couldn't whip out my trusty Canon today because of the rain and capture her ecstasy for eternity. Maybe I enjoy the long shower because my lachrymal glands are given free rein with none the wiser, sometimes not even me!

Maybe I like it because the shower doesn't judge me...it lets me be just...me!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really awesome post..

You write in a very visual format...vry lyrical... Can almost see the images in my head

Sumo said...

@ Anon: Thanks...I guess that explains the photography part! :D All to do with a visual memory. BTW, why do u need to see the images in ur head? U actually SAW them yesterday!

Anonymous said...

But u took me back to those times sumo :P

Sumo said...

@ Anon: Well, what can I say except...Thanks!!! :D

Ur batchmate said...

a special person can fill the void that even a crowd can't fill.....true..yesterday's JLT was one which brought out lot of emotions (thnks to rains!!

Sumo said...

@ My Batchmate: Truer words were never said before!!!

abhaymittal said...

heard someone saying that it was the best JLT in a year or so..coz raingods cudnt make ny1 leave the dance floor. still wondering where on this planet one could find a campus like this and seniors like you.

Sumo said...

@ Abhay: Yeah, it was the best we have had so far on campus. And thanks to u guys for helping make it a success.

Manasa said...

As someone above said , you write in a very visual manner . It makes for a pleasant and a sort of nostalgic read :). Keep it up!

Sumo said...

@ Mutterer: Thanks...this is the style of writing I love best.

Anonymous said...

It would be better if u can write on better and bigger things.... at least u wud contribute to ur committees productivity...

Sumo said...

@ Anon: I will admit that u may actually have a point there! But in my defence, this is MY blog, not my committee's and hence, I can post watever crap I want to put up...that it is mostly sighing and cribbing is a fact, albeit an unfortunate one for a few! That said, I will take ur suggestion into consideration! :)

My Blog Directory