Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Euro Trip Travelogue: Lille

After having settled in on Saturday (19th Sep) night, we slept for most of the day on Sunday. We spent our waking hours exploring the apartment and the surroundings. The apartment is definitely well furnished and has all the amenities that one can want, including a hydro massage shower. Well, all but a provision for water at the throne! All the walls are wooden and the house has an overall toy house feel to it! Just opposite the apartment is a supermarket while McDonalds is also within 3 min walking distance. I finally got a taste of a genuine hamburger!

We had classes on Monday and had to take a bus into the city centre. We found the bus system to be extremely streamlined. Bus stops give precise information about the expected arrival time of the next bus. Drivers dispense tickets and people also get off at stops by informing the driver through stop buttons placed all over the bus. This helps save time at stops where there are no passengers getting on or off! We reached IESEG, registered for our courses, and finally got a taste of what good teaching can be like! No wonder one of my seniors had a crush on this chap! I suppose, if I wasn't straight, I would be thinking on similar lines too! Clear and precise manner of teaching with an underlying structure to the course. I suppose some of the profs back at my institute could take pointers.

We decided to explore the city centre a bit at night and went around clicking pics of the majestic buildings surrounding the centre, near the Gare Lille Flandres. I shall upload these pics soon. This weekend, we may go to Paris. More about future plans and their fruition in the next post!

4 comments:

Illeen said...

Good to know u r enjoying..can we have some pictures here in the blog too? :)

Sumo said...

@ Ileen: Yeah...selected pics coming up on the blog soon...in the meanwhile u can visit my orkut/FB profiles.

Everyman said...

I was wondering what your status message on Gtalk was abt!!! Now I know!!

Parlez vous francaise eh:-D

Did u hv bad profs at ur college too??

Sumo said...

@ Everyman: Oui, je parle un peu de francais. :D And yeah...it feels like all the worst profs in the world are crammed in my institute!

My Blog Directory