Sunday, March 26, 2006

Ho Hum!!!

Today, I logged onto blogger, hoping to upload a couple of good photos I had managed to click during the week. However, to my dismay, found that for some odd reason, Blogger was just refusing to upload my photos. God knows why!!! The browser would simply stop dead, just like that!!! So, I thought, let's write a post with words.

Phew!! There!! I made the decision. Now comes the hard part. What do I write about? Coz the problem is that my life has become so predictable, of late, that hardly anything of note occurs. I could write about how I fumed and fretted at my seniors' inability to understand what I was saying. I could write about how I went to office for another Saturday, while my friends sat at home and made merry. I could write about how good it felt to finally drive after spending a whole week staring at the stupid computer screen. Well.....I guess you get the drift.

But, is anything I mentioned worth blogging about? I guess I could say something about the book I am currently reading. Maximum City by Suketu Mehta. Yeah....good idea!!!

Well...the book somehow caught my attention at the Strand Book Exhibition. I suddenly caught sight of a book that boldly announced that it was about "Bombay". It looked like a fairly new publication and still, the cover dared to call the city Bombay. I thought to myself that any book which refers to "Bombay" is worth a second dekko. On an impulse, I bought it. When I started reading it yesterday, I wasn't disappointed. The author seems to take you through his life in Bombay. He tells you how he spent his childhood here, how he used to play at the Oval Maidan, go for walks with his fiancee at Marine Drive, have bhel with her at Chowpatty. Damn it, it all seems so eerily familiar!!! Of course, the only difference being, I am yet to find a girlfriend, let alone a fiancee!!! I have only finished a few pages, as of now, but the book seems to be good. I am hoping that the author's romance with Bombay continues.

As for me, I will probably be back with a review of "Being Cyrus" next weekend. Until then,

CIAO.

No comments:

My Blog Directory