Sunday, May 20, 2007

Lessons in Two-Wheeler Riding - A Dummy's Viewpoint (Part 1)

Started learning how to ride a two-wheeler today. The vehicle? My dad's trusty LML Vespa 150 NV. Turns out the learning process was just the opposite for me. No need for any coaching regarding clutch release, gear changing, braking distances etc. What I needed was help with balancing!!! So, I suppose it must have presented a very comical sight to the passers-by at the Marine Drive service road. I mean, a greying man holding onto a scooter trying to make a fat 23 yr old learn how to balance a two-wheeler, must be funny to watch. Pathetic!!!

Next lesson scheduled for next Saturday. I am beginning to get a hang of the balance now. Hope I manage to keep the scooter moving in the intended direction for more than 30 seconds now!!!

5 comments:

Riaan Roving said...

Once you are done...u gotta teach me !!

... said...

OOOoooo

it will be fun i promise u..
nothing beats the rush of a 2 wheel ride for me!

and quit calling urself derogatory words boy - or i'll come n kick ur ass! :P

Sumo said...

@ Riaan : Teach u? Who the hell told u I was a good teacher?

@ Princess : Well, I sure hope it will be fun. As for the ass-kicking...at least u will have a wide area to aim at!!! ;-D

Everyman said...

Maybe u shd get one of them Sholay bikes..the one with a passenger car..no balancing problems then :))

And yes, there's nothing as satisfying as a bike ride..atleast not on the roads :-D

Sumo said...

@ Everyman : Hmmm...if I have to look like a dork, I might as well resign myself to driving Dad's old scooter!!!

My Blog Directory