Thursday, August 13, 2009

The XIMB Chronicles - VII

It's 4.30 am and I have just finished watching 'The Notebook'. I loved the movie, without doubt. But why is it that such movies always manage to put me in a melancholy mood? Perhaps one day, I shall figure it out.

But today, my melancholy has not been solely caused by the movie. A part of it had also to do with how I felt before that. A dream you have been chasing for so long, a dream that you always harboured as a child, a dream that is about to come true after overcoming so many obstacles and putting so much at stake just to make it come true. How would you feel if such a dream was once again taken just out of your reach by a misguided individual whose intentions may have been noble, but who never, for once, stopped and thought about the repurcussions his actions may have and whether his actions were even necessary!

I guess I shall find out tomorrow whether I can still stretch out and grab for it or whether I will have to finally let go!

4 comments:

Maddi said...

Many times we rue missed opportunities...ruined dreams..squandered chances..giving up on actions we were mandated to carry out without for once wondering that perhaps the real mandate was to dream another dream, to not carry out those actions, to be part of a different stage, paint a different picture and sadly(?)...live another life.

Sumo said...

@ Maddi: How very true!!!

Riaan Roving said...

Are we getting philosophical or just plain emotional ??- I am sadly confused :P

Sumo said...

@ Riaan: Actually I was myself confused at that point of time! :D

My Blog Directory