Monday, April 04, 2005

Super Saturday

Hey there to you all once again. Looks like the great JD has finally arisen from his self-imposed slumber and decided to exercise a few of those rotting brain cells of his. I must say, though, that I am impressed! So many posts in one day! Thats not bad at all.

Had gone to DMCE yesterday for their techfest. I had intended to give TPP and Tech Quiz with R. Ended up participating in Debate and Brainstorming, thanks to AM. The TPP went off smoothly and we were able to complete within the stipulated time of 10 mins. Implosions, after all, is a topic both I and R love and it shows! AM, R and I gave the Debate elims after that in which all I did was to convert the points given by R and AM into bombastic language. Guess this approach was liked by the organisers coz ours was the first name to be announced as finalists.

Quiz elims were a dud as far as we were concerned coz it was not at all a quiz. You could, infact, call it a simplified GATE paper. Even the Civil engg. quizzes are better organised in our college! I guess Motley quality is unreachable for these guys. Anyway, I hope they learn fast.

Brainstorming had direct finals in which AM and I were asked to speak on the topic 'How to tackle Tsunamis'. We had a lot of help from RS and SCH in this regard and I would like to record my sincere thanks to them here.

Then, after a really stupid quiz final, it was time for the Prize Distribution. TPP prizes were swept by SPCE with AM and YD getting first and I and R getting second. We also won Debate and Brainstorming. One guy from TE won the second prize in the AutoCAD competition. So, all in all, it was a good day for SPCE. I am glad we were able to show the quality of our college to the DMCE guys who are always flying high in the air, thanks to the large dollops of marks awarded to them by their generous professors. Contrast that with our profs who can give Scrooge a run for his money when it comes to giving marks!!

Tomorrow, we have the risk of malaria coming down for around three days. Confused? Actually, MMM is unavailable in college for 3 days. I guess we should wholeheartedly embrace this golden opportunity and brace ourselves for the malarial onslaught which will begin on the 15th of April. May God save us from the Buzz!!

More in the next post.

CIAO.

No comments:

My Blog Directory