Saturday, July 02, 2005

A Congregation over Lunch

Had SC,SCH,V,P,RK,M and SB come over to my place for lunch today. T'was rather fun to meet up again after a long time and do something together, even if it was for a short while only. M had office today and had come during lunch time. It gave us great pleasure in announcing to him our grand plans of enjoyment after his departure!!! Sure hope that he felt jealous of all of us throughout the afternoon sitting in his office. Naah!!! Missed his enthusiasm, actually!! Everyone seemed to be determined to put on a show of their best behaviour and this lasted until we actually got down to playing cards for passing time. The sheepskins were off then and the wolves' claws were beginning to show! Had a few good games and I managed to pull off the look of an extremely stupid person at cards!!! (Actually, I WAS feeling rather stupid!!) All in all, not a bad day at all, as compared to the large no. of boring days I am having at present.

On the personal front, there was also something to cheer about. Got news yesterday night that Dad had been promoted to the post of DGM, and that too, out of turn. Finally, Govt. offices have also started adopting this trend and I think its quite healthy. Let's hope this trend continues.

R left for Cal today so, I will have to wait for some time before I can trouble someone with continuous msgs. Unfortunately, she is the only one using the BPL service amongst my friends.

Nothing more to say, so I sign off!!

CIAO.

No comments:

My Blog Directory