Sunday, November 23, 2008

A to-do list?

Just recently, I saw the movie Dasvidaniya and I was really moved by it. A very simple concept of a cancer-afflicted person is portrayed brilliantly by Vinay Pathak. You actually feel like laughing or crying with him. Rajat Kapoor also does an excellent job.

Immediately after watching this one, I had to leave for IIM Calcutta, for participation in BT Acumen. We didn't manage to qualify for the final quizzing round, but I certainly managed to get in another good movie - If Only. As luck would have it, this one too was about death and how one should live life fully.

All this got me thinking - what would I like to do if I was told that I had a very short time left before I copped it? I know SB must be smirking at me from the US - after all, he is the one who takes pleasure in reminding me that I would most likely die much before anyone else in our friend circle! Anyway, getting back to the point - my wish list?
  • Well, when I actually bite the dust, I would want to be remembered by the people I love with a smile on their faces, not a frown.
  • I would like to experience love. I think the ending of the previous post would be a good start.
  • As I have mentioned on this blog before, I would love to drive a BEST double-decker.
  • I would like to reach a level where I never have to say 'no' to any legitimate need of the ones dependent on me.
  • I would love to hold a little tyke who would stare back at me with the same green eyes with hazel flecks.
  • Finally, I would love to have a day's warning so that I could really live it up kingsize!!!

11 comments:

Uday Satpathy said...

Love, happiness, contentment -- that's all we need in our life. And sometimes when we find them... we don't want to die...
Life's is an irony :-)

Sumo said...

@ Uday: It sure is man...it sure is!!!

darshan said...

yes..a truly great movie...perfectly said by you that we cry or laugh with Vinay...

Anonymous said...

Dear Sumedh,
Firstly, I hope you'll do the same when I bite the dust,i.e remember with a smile on your face and not a frown. Secondly, I also hope you get a tyke who stare back at you with the same hazel eyes........!!
Love,
M

Sumo said...

@ M: Well, thank you. I promise to return the favour. :-D

Gaurav.... said...

Sumo....read some 5 posts in your blog...all are exceptionally good, diverse and well written. Particularly, this one relates a movie to your life. Any post on 'Dostana'? ;)

Sumo said...

@ Gaurav: Naah, I found the movie pretty stupid...the comic element was ok, but the level to which the lead characters stoop to achieve their objective is something which totally cheapened the entertainment value for me. :-D

Anonymous said...

You should be an advt guy, you published following in yor latest one
1. One of yor frnd is in US
2. You are a guy, related with IIMs, (Even a jhaduwala in IIMA can say"Oh my god i have to rush to IIMA before 8am each morning"
3. You know the offbeat actors like Vinay Patkak and like those
4.

Sumo said...

@ Anon: Ahh...I was wondering why you had not made ur customary unwanted appearance! And I dunno if u realise it or not, but ur comment, like it or not, actually commends me!!! GASP!!! :-P

Anonymous said...

nice post!! u write well :)

Sumo said...

@ Pradipta: Why, thank you!!! :-D

My Blog Directory