Thursday, December 29, 2005

The B Chronicles No. 7

It's been almost 3 weeks since I began working on a project. I still do not do any "work"! The project training is slated to go on till mid Jan. Then, hopefully, I will be able to do something so that my company can fleece its client. HeHe!!! I am currently posted at the client site at Fort. The client, being a Govt. organisation, I have to make a lot of adjustments for working here, as compared to my company's office. For one thing, gone are the posh environs where you could laze around with a cup of coffee in your hand all day. Gone is the shoe polishing machine, which helped me out by cutting out the routine of polishing my shoes, completely. Gone are the sparkling clean toilets and the funky phones and comp terminals.

Here, we sit on hard cane chairs, work on comps that are slower than my 5 yr old PC at home and yet handle 10 times as much data. Tea is available only between 3 and 5 in the afternoon and that too, on a coupon basis. Everyone seems to shout at each other and comp security is thrown out of the window. The iSecurity dept guys would have a fit if they saw this setup!!! The only good thing abt this place is that food is dirt cheap. You can get a complete veg meal for just Rs. 4.50!!!

But, it must be said that working at a client site is a completely different experience and I hope that I benefit from it. Until next time, then.

CIAO.

No comments:

My Blog Directory