Sunday, March 25, 2007

Childhood Faux Pas

I just read RMLR's latest post about how his kiddie antics are the topic of conversation at most of his family functions. This set me thinking. What is it about the things we do as a kid that makes us so adorable to our elders?

I, for one, am constantly tormented by this incident being recalled at every gathering of my extended family. It seems that there used to be an 11 lakh State lottery that was advertised very aggressively on TV when I was 2 or 3. The words "Akra Laakh" (11 lakhs) were constantly shouted out during this commercial. My take on these words? "Akhkha Naak" (Full Nose)!!!

The other thing that irritates me is the tendency of the older aunties to pull my cheeks. OK, I know I am fat, my cheeks are big, but that doesn't mean that u should pull them!!! Oh boy, the hours I have spent plotting the various forms of torture that I would submit their cheeks to.....

8 comments:

Everyman said...

I guess that folks just miss the child in us when we become big and morose like them :)) Thank your lucky stars that your 'incident worth mentioning' is just that..I have a few more infamous ones:(

And as for getting back at the people who pull ur cheeks, check if they hv pretty daughters, and then pull their cheeks..that shd be enjoyable :-DD

Riaan Roving said...

u obviously are no match for me..if u have read my blog well enuf!!!

Sumo said...

@ Everyman : Sigh!!! They wish I would do that!!! Even I wouldnt mind if only they wouldnt try and start talk of my marriage!!! For more details, read my post I wrote sometime in September last yr abt this.

As for ur chilhood "incidents", how abt writing a post abt them? Or r they too embarassing for mention?

Sumo said...

@ Riaan : U r right...I bow to thee!!!

... said...

lol
infamous incidents - mine could fill a book... wait mine would probably make a thin one..
Urmila, my sister... now theres the interesting BIG book!! She was hilarious!! :D

(read my last msg to your previous post)

Sumo said...

@ Princess : I guess all of us have something or the other which will always be the point of discussion for our elders.

Wat abt ur last msg??

Anonymous said...

loose your wt

Sumo said...

@ Anon : I kno ... I kno!!! U see, laziness interferes!!!

My Blog Directory