Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Lessons in Two-Wheeler Riding - A Dummy's Viewpoint (Part 2)

It's been almost a month since I first started learning how to ride a two-wheeler. Well, I must say that there has been progress.

For one, I have graduated from Dad's scooter to my own bike (a Honda Unicorn). I can now find balance easily so, I guess Dad's cycling lessons have helped. I am also beginning to enjoy the experience of riding.

But, there are still some things that I would like to iron out. Most important is my balance at the fag end of braking. I MUST learn to somehow keep the bike upright when I am about to get my feet down at the end of braking to a stop. Also, I am currently finding shifting up through my bike's gearbox a bit of a pain coz I just don't seem to know when the gearshift has taken place!!! I guess that should improve with time.

It must be looking very bad for me considering that it's been a month since I started riding. But, I guess the only Saturdays and Sundays clause bails me out to a certain extent. Still, I must improve fast else, the rains will be upon me soon!!!

5 comments:

Riaan Roving said...

I guess the rains are waitin for you to finish learnin !!! learn quickly dude..its becoming relly hot out here !!! LOL

Sumo said...

@ Riaan : Ahh...the rains are here and now i have to ride in fear!!! :D

Everyman said...

unicorn??good bike!!! dont worry abt the brakin bit..as the bike eases to a stop, gradually get a foot down..dont put both ur feet down!! thats silly!!

Rachit said...

Hi sumo....dont worry dude...practice makes a man perfect...and u defenitely are one...hehe

Sumo said...

@ Everyman : I kno...thats y I bought it. Yeah, I kinda realise that now!!!

@ this left.. : i rather hope u meant the former and not the latter!!!

My Blog Directory