Saturday, April 23, 2005

Awaiting Final Submissions with Trepidation

Well, now that the CPM submissions are over, it's time for all of us to concentrate on QSE. RRR is ready to create trouble at the slightest provocation so, I suppose, we should all beware of her malicious intentions. I have got quite a bit of QSE to write so I will be quite busy for the entire day tomorrow. So much for hoping to watch the F1 race in peace!!

Had a pesticide spraying session at home today so we all went out for dinner. I must say it was a welcome change from the same old routine of write-eat-write-write-write some more -sleep(maybe)!! Balwas provides very good food and I am thankful that there are such hotels in Bombay which can cater to my palate. Ice-cream at K-Rustom's was the cherry on the cake.

Passed through Marine Drive while returning home. There was quite a big crowd gathered at the Police Chowky under the flyover where the rape incident took place on Thursday. There was tension in the air and a couple of riot control vans were also parked in the vicinity. Some locals were holding up placards saying "Rapist More should be hanged!!". Well, I dont quite agree. But, I certainly feel that such people are a menace to society and they must be severely punished by the law. I mean, come on, is it no longer safe to walk with your friends on a well-known public promenade at 4:30 in the evening???!!! Thats ridiculous!! That means all our sisters and female friends are at risk. This will not do. I feel the Dep. CM should take interest in such pressing matters rather than try his hand at moral cleansing by banning dance bars! He will try and make students attend kirtans next, while his state police force goes around raping a few more innocent girls! The Govt. is beginning to misuse and misdirect its power and its high time we, the people, did something about it. In the meanwhile, here's hoping that More is not seen for a long long time in public, at least, not until he is no longer capable of committing such heinous crimes, if you get what I mean. ;-)

The Structural mosquito is back with a vengeance!! His first bloodsucking session is scheduled for Wednesday. God help us!!!!

CIAO.

No comments:

My Blog Directory