Thursday, April 21, 2005

First Submission is Done!!

Hmm...its been a long time since I have blogged. 13th of April seems such a long time ago. Still, this was to be expected, I guess, going by our experiences in the previous 7 sems. Actually, as compared to the earlier sems, this one seems to be pretty tame!

Nothing awfully interesting to write about, though. The past week has been full of submissions, especially the CPM one. I never expected PHS to take such a devilish turn, especially towards the end of the semester. RRR looks like an angel when compared to him. At least we are able to bully her into reducing our workload! Over here, it works the other way round.

Well, quite a few good news regarding placements in our class. Only 6 ppl remaining to be placed. Hope we touch 100% this time. This will set a nice benchmark for the rest of the college. Finally we will be able to lay claim to some record. Hope that day materialises. Till then, I keep my fingers crossed.

Alongwith the submissions, the malaria epidemic is also spreading rapidly in the class. The Structural mosquito continues to haunt us with his never-ending lectures on designing efficient water tanks, which he probably wishes to infect!! God, I hate mosquitoes!!! Buzzzzzz!!! Get lost, you ##%^@%^$#!!!

Read an interesting anecdote in Mid-Day on Sunday. One reader had sent in this one.

Scene: Economy class of a London-Frankfurt flight. A negro businessman is sitting quietly working on his laptop. A 'prim and propah' spinster, stylishly dressed, is seated next to him, looking decidedly uncomfortable. Finally, she calls the air-hostess.

Lady: Excuse me, but could I have another seat? I am not exactly very comfortable here.

Airhostess: Why, Ma'am, is something wrong?

Lady: Cant you see who I am seated next to?

Airhostess: Well, Ma'am, I think we are fully booked but I will still go and check.

(goes and returns after 5 mins)

Airhostess: As I thought, there are no seats available in the Economy or Business Class, but we do have one seat in the First Class.

Lady: Well......can I??

Airhostess: Ma'am, as a rule, we don't allow passengers from Economy class to upgrade to First Class, but this is an exception. I understand the problem and we can make an exception in this case. We surely cannot make any human being sit next to someone so disgusting. Sir, if you will please take your hand baggage, a seat awaits you in the First Class!!

*******************************************

Lets end this post by recording my thanks to Mandela, Luther King Jr. and all those other great ppl who championed the cause of the blacks to achieve an equal status in society. HAIL THEE!!!!

CIAO.


No comments:

My Blog Directory