Wednesday, April 13, 2005

(Me 2 lazy 2 think of Title) :-D :-P

Well, all the unplaced guys from class had come to Grant Road for placement interviews and also came over to my place on my request. That is all, but TP. Poor guys had not even had lunch and were absolutely famished. Unfortunately, I was able to tell Mom about their arrival only just before they actually came due to which, the extent of arangements she could make was limited. Still, I hope that the frugal snacks at least gave them enough strength to last out until they reached home.

Today, not unusually, was a bad day. MMM droned through all the lectures of the morning and made me wish I was never even born. And if that was not enough, Mom called during the break saying that I was urgently required at the Passport Office, as they had not included one form requiring my signature in the envelope containing the forms, making up the application.

After a mad dash to the Bengal Chemicals building, the clerk now told us that alongwith proof of date of birth, proof of place of birth was also required. Now, I had applied for a duplicate copy of my birth certificate in my local Municipal Office, but had not yet received it. The clerk was not ready to accept the municipal receipt as proof and insisted on having the birth certificate. Then, it was a mad dash to Nana Chowk in Grant Road. Dad kept up a frentic pace in the car and had Mom petrified. We reached Nana Chowk in 12 minutes and took another 10 to secure the original copy of the birth certificate. Another maniacal spell of fast driving by Dad saw us reach the Passport Office in just 9 min! Now, that stupid, errant clerk was forced to accept the application as she could not find any more faults in it. Yaay, what a moral victory!!

Hope the passport comes soon, though. I need it before I have to join my company. Nothing else of significance took place today. At least, I cant recall anything important. So I am signing off now.

CIAO.

1 comment:

Scott said...

I did a search for blogs that might help me not feel so alone in my depression and hopelessness. This one came up so I figured I would comment. You know what they say, the older you get, the more funerals you go to. On that positive note, I invite you to come to my blog, http://lazyfathead.blogspot.com, and join me in my delightful spiral into depression and nothingness.Thanks for your time. Remain happy ?

My Blog Directory