Tuesday, November 22, 2005

The B Chronicles No. 4

Long time since I last posted but there hasn't been anything much to say. In fact, there still isn't.

Started AS/400 training yesterday. Its an interesting technology and I sure hope its something useful to waste 12 whole working days on. The good thing about this course is that the instructor is an extremely chilled out guy who gives us our space and yet manages to teach. A very helpful chap, indeed!! Plus, there is lunch for 12 days in a 3 star hotel. Granted, its veg, but its still very tasty.

The others from ILP who are not from Bombay are slowly adjusting to life here. It is sometimes scary for them, but I am sure they will manage. The only thing that irritates me is that the North Indians have not left behind their pompous attitude back home. For them, the most striking feature of Bombay is the abundance of small cars. "Hamare yahan to Skoddda, Mersideees jaisi gaddiyan to jagah jagah dikhti hain. Yahan to ek bhi nahin dekhi!!!" Dudes, ever heard of a Porsche before? Aww....forget it, I wouldn't expect those guys to know!!!

No comments:

My Blog Directory