Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Chronicle No. 7

Got my employee no and bank documents yesterday. Now, I have a full-fledged salary account. The only problem is that there is no salary in it!!!

The axe has finally fallen on our plans for merriment. Today, we had our first project work meeting. We have to design a software for a Software firm!!! Can you believe it?? First submission deadline is Saturday, the next being Monday. I can still remember waving goodbye to my glorious Sunday, as it floated out of the window!!! Guess, I will have to get used to all this.

In the beginning, when I got here, there were very few people who wanted to go to Bombay. But, as the days pass, I find that this number is steadily increasing. Even today, when I am introduced to a new colleague, the dialogue goes something like this.

Other Guy : Hi, I am xxxxxxx from xxxxxxx, xxxxxx(mostly Calcutta here).

Me : Hi, I am Sumedh from SPCE, Bombay

Other Guy : Oh you are from Bombay?? Where in Bombay??

Its as if those guys know every inch of the place. And the other question me or RR often get is "Have you seen any filmstar/shooting in Bombay??" Oh come on, gimme a break!!! I would rather catch the 7:53 Virar fast rather than watch some stupid filmstar give 50 takes to get a simple scene right!!!! The guys from Calcutta seem to looooove their city, and are vehement supporters of Dada. The guys from Delhi are extremely snootish, however. But, all that attitude changes when you give your place of origin!! Its as if there's Bombay and there's the Rest of India!!! Hmmm......sad, isnt it???

1 comment:

jaidutt said...

Me seconds ur experiences Sumo. Here also people think that we Mumbaikars have no other business than watching out for movie stars. Anyways good going Sumo. Hope uou are enjoying ur job. Me am fairly busy out here, but no net access. Sigh !..

And dude watch out for spammers

My Blog Directory