Thursday, September 08, 2005

Chronicle No. 4

Had a long session on CO today. Was taught by the same chap who taught UNIX. Lets call him ARB. His priceless quote during the UNIX session - "I have not worked much with Windows and I dont know much of UNIX!!!" Today, too, it was the same situation. He was supposed to come and teach us CO but ended up learning a lot about the way a CRT functions from the participants. For him the rest was all "cryapppp"!!!

We had gone in a group to the Nandankanan zoo yesterday, coz it was a holiday for Ganesh Puja. Huuuge place that. Langoors line the road at every corner, waiting to pounce on the edible assets of some unsuspecting passerby. The biggest attraction there was the tiger. Both varieties were bred there and mind you, they were big. The white tiger was the biggest of the lot and we got quite a visual treat when we got to watch him bathe in the heavy rain that has been lashing this place for the past couple of days. Unfortunately, I could not capture it on film for posterity, lest the rain ruin my camera. Oh, what a waste!!!

It seems we are to learn Japanese. The two batches after mine get to learn French. I would have dearly loved to revise French and see if HC had done a good job in training us in school. Well, you cant have everything.....lets hope that they will at least put me in Bombay for my posting.

We will be having these internet sessions every evening till the 10th. Hope to be able to blog regularly until then.

No comments:

My Blog Directory