Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Chronicle No.1

Landed in Bhubaneswar on Monday, the 29th at 1:15 pm. Outside temp. - 34 degrees. Felt more like 54 degrees, esp after the cool environs of the plane's cabin. A long prepaid taxi ride later, RR and I found ourselves in front of the company villa. It looked like a very well-developed place in the middle of nowhere. On checking in, we found that as per company policy, no 2 students from the same college can share rooms, meaning that RR and I had to part ways.

Room was nice and clean, good toilet facilities, and water round the clock. Even the power cut is executed for arnd 30 min in the evening when it turns cool, so its quite alright. After a full Udupi dinner, which cost the whole of 20 bucks per head, I headed back to my room to find that my previously non-existent room partner from Jadavpur Univ. had now put in an appearance. Quite a nice chap, the only two problems being that he speaks in such a heavy Bong accent that I have to ask him to repeat himself at least 3 times before I can understand what is going on, and, he smokes. The former problem is pretty easy to solve. However, having heard of JD's predicament in Chennai, I solved the latter by requesting him to use the bathroom to smoke. He was game, so I am saved the trouble of having to cough for most of the day.

Today, I made a visit to the local Big Bazaar. Seems to be a nice place to come and shop every Sunday. Everything available at dirt cheap rates. Nothing much happened worth mentioning throughout the day.

Tomorrow, we start training. Hope it goes well. I certainly do not wish to stay outside Bombay for more than 2 months. My fingers are crossed.

No comments:

My Blog Directory