Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Glorious Pune

Had a nice extended weekend this time, so Dad suggested that we go to Pune. It seemed like a nice idea to Mom and me, so we set off on Sat. Pune was glorious and it was extremely cool due to the rains. A very refreshing change from Bombay. Plus there was no power cut, which was the biggest plus of all!!! Pune definitely seems to be improving. However, it seems there must always be a reason for me to complain about. And without fail, this time too, Pune provided me with one. Bad Roads!! Long potholes, wide potholes, circular potholes, even ones with no particular shape, which reminded me of amoeba. You name it, you had it. And not to mention, the slush all around. My car is back in its parking space looking like a wounded warrior which has just tackled some horrendous battle and just managed to scrape out of it alive!! I will HAVE to get it serviced ASAP!!!

Drive back to Bombay from Pune was fun, though. Smooth bypass road, smooth expressway = good motoring experience. Had to encounter very very heavy rain in the ghat. Visibility down to around 10m. Horrifying experience. But, t'was still fun!!! :-D Wouldn't mind doing it again!!! God Bless the person who first thought of the expressway!!!

No comments:

My Blog Directory