Sunday, March 13, 2005

And Finally, the News of the Prize!!!

Well, as I had said in my earlier post, I was hoping to get a prize for the presentation given by me and R at MHSS. I am happy to say that my hunch was right and we actually won the first prize there!!! Yaay!! R and I turned up at MHSS to collect the prize just as our names were being announced. Call it a photo-finish if you like, the only problem being that I had forgotten to take my camera along!! As a result, we ended up with no photos of the time when we actually won for a Paper Presentation. So much for happy memories!! The prize was in the form of a big gift-wrapped box and R and I opened it as soon as we left the auditorium clutching our prizes. To our dismay, we found that it was a vase!! A vase???!!!! For a paper presentation??!!! Oh forget it, the less said about it the better. When I went home after dropping off R at Bonbay Central station, even she was surprised. But like all moms, she got over the surprise and started feeling rather pleased that she had got another article for decorating the house.

The next day was N*****I. R and I were giving a presentation there too. The pp went off quite well, but T (one of the judges) s*****d us royally. That made us lose all hopes of claiming a prize for that event. I also participated in STAAD and Case Study Analysis events on that day, the only saving grace being S and I being hopeful of a prize in CSA.

The next day dawned and it was time for the Technical Quiz, my favourite event! We started off pretty well in the quiz and were leading by the end of the first round. But, in the picture round, one team, unfortunately from our own college, started blitzing the answers, sometimes even before the pic had been displayed!!! We complained to the organisers about foul play and they, thankfully, managed to get everything settled by scrapping the round. Anyway, all's well that ends well. S and I won the quiz and I looked forward to the next event of Structural Modelling. But, G and I couldnt make a good enough model like last year and hence, we lost out on the prize. The next awaited event - The Prize Distribution.

R was upset at not getting a prize for paper presentation and so, she went home. I might have considered a similar course of action had I not been sure of a prize for the quiz. Finally, it so happened that S and I won for the quiz as well as CSA and we each bagged a cool Rs. 750/- in cash!! To add to it, I also won the second prize for the STAAD competition and took away an extra Rs. 500/-!! Expectedly, all my friends started pestering me for a party but I had already decided to save away the money, so I had to disappoint them. The other good thing was that a lot of people from my class won a prize, including a first for RS and SCH, and hence, there was a general mood of bonhomie all round. Hip Hip Hurray!!!!!

Well, its back to studies now as the sceptre of the QSE test on Thursday now looms large on the horizon. More in the next post.

CIAO.

2 comments:

jaidutt said...

dude me thinks our class won around Rs 7000/- in hard cash at N****** 2005.

We want a PARTY !

Sumo said...

jaidutt....hmmm....do i kno u from somewhere??? I seem to have got a sudden bout of amnesia!!!

My Blog Directory