Sunday, March 06, 2005

Good to be Blogging again

Well, its been a long time since I had a chance to update my blog due to the workload. But, since today is a Sunday, I decided to sit down and write something.

Much water has passed under the bridge since I last wrote. College went on as usual and we were once again submitted to the worst kind of mental torture that must only have been bettered by Hitler and his Gestapo!! Sometimes, I think the Bombay Police should make criminals sit for our lectures. They will start chirping out information like parrots in no time!!

N*****I is coming up this week and R and I are struggling to get our paper ready for the event. This time, I am participating in 5 out 6 events so its going to be a pretty hectic festival for me. To add to that, the reigning OC has decreed that the participation fee shall be Rs. 50 per event, as compared to a flat fee of Rs. 50 last year. These guys have really started fleecing us. The only silver lining is that the prize money is quite a lot this time. Lets hope that I win back some of the money I will be spending just to be given a chance to participate. R and I will also be presenting our Implosions paper in MHSS on Wednesday. I must say that I have hopes of getting a prize there. Lets hope that the day finally dawns when Implosions bags us a real prize, and not just a consolation one. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Indian Idol results were declared yesterday. As I expected, Abhijeet Sawant was the winner. That guy doesnt just sing, he croons. I love that playback quality of his voice. Plus, there is his million dollar smile. All in all, I think he is a worthy package for being the Indian Idol. As regards Amit Sana, it must have been disappointing for him to lose out after getting so far. But, I must say that he was the deserving runner-up. There seems to be nothing wrong with his voice, but he doesnt have the personality to be Indian Idol, methinks. Anyway, before you Sana fans start complaining, let me clarify that these are just my views and they are certainly not binding on anyone. There!!! I have just cleared myself. Phew!!!

Well, I cant recall anything more of importance to put down here so I will sign off. More in the next post (God knows when that will be!!!) LOL!

CIAO.

No comments:

My Blog Directory