Sunday, February 20, 2005

S***E is finally over

Well, feels good to resume the blog after a hiatus of 2 days. S***E is finally over. It feels so depressing after the festivities of 3 days. Its back to the grind now. In my previous post, I had slammed S***E as a no-show. But, I must admit that it started getting better with every passing day. Yesterday was the most successful day of S***E, for me atleast. I won the first prize in 3 quiz events to add to my second prize the day before. I am so happy!!!
Feb 18, 2005
The day started off in the usual lazy fashion. I felt sure this S***E was not going to be a happy hunting ground for me, what with the previous day proving to be a dud in terms of S***E success. But, thankfully, it was not to be so. I teamed up with VV to form a rather unusual combo of vertically and horizontally challenged guys. But, the combo proved to be a very good one. We managed to reach the finals of F&M and actually came second, answering just 2 questions. Even we dont know how we managed to secure a position. We also ended up as first backups for the Biz quiz by an excruciating single point. So, the second day was not at all bad.
After all the events got over, A,C,R,G,BS,AB,GD and me gathered outside the college wondering what to do for the next 2 hrs left for the Pronite to start. BS suggested that we go and climb to the top of Gilbert Hill. Since, we had nothing better to do, we decided to go along with her suggestion. The next half hour proved to be torturous, with us going thr the smallest of gaps in slum areas that never seemed to end. The girls began to feel very uncomfortable and begged us guys to turn back, even BS. But, we wanted to attain our objective. Gilbert Hill had now become our Lakshya!!! With help from the slum dwellers, we managed to reach the foot of that magnificient 3000+ yr old piece of flat rock that was christened as Gilbert Hill. But, another obstacle awaited us. The steps to climb up the hill were very steep, with risers of upto 50 cm in places. The railing was practically non-existent. G and I tackled the steps in quick time and we were soon standing on the top of the rock. The girls were slower and had started panting by the time they managed to reach the top. C followed, trying to drag up A. I was surprised at the agility I displayed during the climb. Those kilos I have lost in the recent past seem to help. LOL. The view from the top was breathtaking. The climb had been worth the effort. After visiting the small temple on the top and taking a few pics with C's cell, we decided to return, primarily because it was getting dark. We found our way pretty easily, taking a motorable route this time.
Then it was time for the pronite. It was pretty good and the singers managed to keep the boisterous audience interested. However, since Mom had called me home early, I had to leave in the middle of the show. Anyway, there's always a next time.
Feb 19, 2005
I had a feeling that the day might be very good. I went to college in high spirits. Unfortunately, I did not have a partner for the quizzes. Fortunately for me, BJ shared the same predicament and we decided to team up. This last minute combo earned us first place in GK and Geography quizzes. For the TV quiz, acting on a hunch, I called up A and asked her to accompany me to the quiz. My hunch proved to be right as we went on to win the contest, handing A her first quizzing success.
After the events, we discovered that C had brought his car. So, we decided to go to Silver Beach. GD and N acompanied us there. There was a chilly breeze blowing at the beach, causing the girls to shiver. We had a nice walk, almost upto Juhu beach. We were also treated to a foodstuff of our choice there by C. We returned at the right time for the dance competition. The competition was pretty lame with no college putting on a spectacular show.
After the end of the competition, we headed to CA for a sumptuous non-veg dinner. CA is a very nice place. I must come here more often. Then, it was back to the pavillion for all of us and finally, S***E ended. Sigh!!!!!
CIAO.

1 comment:

V said...

gee i wonder who VV is ;-)

My Blog Directory