Sunday, February 27, 2005

Way to go SC!!!

Attended a wedding reception yesterday on the invitation of SC. His cousin sister was getting married and I had been invited to the reception at a plush club alongwith JD, V, P, R, M, RK, K, VD, SCH, RS and Y. A meeting was set up at Bandra station at 1930hrs but our plans were foiled by JD's reliable tardiness. Why cant that guy ever reach a place on time? Consequently, we were delayed by around 20-25 min and could not reach the venue before 2015hrs. However, we found that only Y had reached before us. As we were to understand later, R's driver had arrived late and hence, the girls took a long time to arrive. Surprisingly, RS decided to take the advantage of a free lift - a decision which he was to regret later. LOL. The last to arrive was RK who brought along a bag with him. Dude, surely you can leave behind college for one day at least!!

After presenting the bouquet and the card to the happy couple, we sat around for some time, generally making RS the 'Bhat' of all jokes. It was nice to see the tables turned after a long time - an event which had RS squirming uncomfortably in his seat. Then, it was time for dinner. Yummy!!! Something told me that this was going to be the best part of the evening.

We all trooped up to the terrace where food was served, and we were certainly not disappointed. Laid out before us was the finest collection of Chaat, Soup, Punjabi Dinner and Dessert. Restraining myself with great difficulty, I plodded my way through the first three courses, which were delicious in their own right, in anticipation of the last course, which happened to be Kulfi Falooda. Oooooh, even the mention of that name makes my mouth water!! I had a couple of those and then I discovered to my chagrin that I could not have anymore. Now, before anyone forms an opinion about the limited availability of the dessert, let me clarify that it was nothing of the sort. It was my stupid stomach which was unable to hold any more of that oh so delicious dessert. Anyway, I suppose it was a good thing that this was the case else all the weight that I have lost in the recent past would have amounted to nought!!

After a hearty meal, we all trooped out, moving with great difficulty. SC had been a really good host and his excellent hostelry was beginning to show. I went along to see R's car but could not see much in the dark. 10 more minutes saw us on a bus to the station. All of us had had a wonderful time and we were all disappointed that it was all over. Anyway, all good things have to come to an end.

Managed to catch the remainder of the Filmfare Awards Function after reaching home. Rani looked wonderful and SRK rocked. Sleep was a very peaceful affair after that.

CIAO

No comments:

My Blog Directory